Pool installations and the decking represent a significant investment; and when you are considering getting your deck upgraded, you want to hire the most expert professionals like the ones at Sun County Pools & Spas. The company caters to customers across Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and Upland.
They also have a strong customer base in and around Riverside, San Bernardino, Corona, and Chino, and have handled a large number of pool building projects across Redlands, Moreno Valley and Pomona. When they are designing your pool, there are a number of different factors the will take into account such as the appearance and design of the deck the materials, cost, maintenance and durability.
Decking Materials For Above Ground PoolsIf you have an above ground deck, there are a number of options to choose from, such as:
- Aluminum or Vinyl - These are very low-maintenance and durable materials.
- PVC - the installation of these decks is easy and they are also a low-maintenance feature. If your pool is going to see a lot of traffic, PVC is a good option for you. This material is also more long-lasting than aluminum, doesn’t fade, and is less expensive than vinyl decking.
- Wood - Timber has a natural beauty that lends itself well to any outdoor space. However, wood decks made of pine teal or mahogany requires regular maintenance and upkeep and this is something you should be taking into account when opting for this material. The latter is highly weather, rot and insect-resistant as are hardwoods like mahogany and redwood.
- Composite - This manmade material is available in a range of finishes and if you like the look of wood or stone, but don’t want to use these options, you should consider using composite that emulates the look of these natural materials.
Decking Materials For In Ground PoolsWhen deciding on decking for your in-ground pool, it’s crucial that you opt for a material that would be able to endure the climate changes in your area; you should take aspects such as sun exposure and temperature changes before making your decision. Some of the popular materials used for in-ground pool decking are:
- Poured Concrete - This is an inexpensive option compared to tiles and paving and you can get the surface stained and stamped or stenciled to make it look like natural stone or brick.
- Tiles - This is another popular choice and you should choose unglazed, ceramic tiles that have a non-slip, textured surface.
- Pavers - Most people opt for pool pavers made of materials such as concrete, natural stone or brick. These are available in a range of colors, styles, designs and textures etc.
In Ground Pools